City outreach and stratified evangelism began this morning with our team being invited to speak to the police officers in the Old Kampala Police Headquarters. The mission team arrived as the officers were completing their morning march.
- Revolutionary Love by Festo Kivengere $10.00
- Footprints in the African Sand - My Life and Times by Michael Cassidy $15.00
- The Passing Summer - A South African's Response to White Fear, Black Anger and the Politics of Love by Michael Cassidy $15.00
- Christianity for the Open-Minded by Michael Cassidy $5.00
- African Harvest - The Captivating Story of Michael Cassidy and African Enterprise by Anne Coomes $15.00
When AE Uganda began preparing for this mission over a year ago, they found that there were deep divisions in the local churches and some refused to work together at all. Before we could do effective outreach to the city, we first had to help heal the divisions within the churches.
Hundreds of mission volunteers arrived at the Buskenyi Slum in western Kampala to clean the streets as an act of love and service to the community. The streets and gutters were piled high with rubbish and filth, but our team faithfully cleaned and witnessed to the community about Christ’s love.